Sunday, May 24, 2009

Back online



It's my day off again and I'm finally back online after a thunderstorm knocked out the modem at work.  Since my last post Lisa and I went to Toulouse.  We took a 9:35 am train that got to Toulouse at 10:35.  Then we walked around all day.  We ate at a cafe facing the Capitole.  The margarita pizza I had was quite good.  After lunch we walked around and went to what felt like hundreds of shops.  The weather was great and it was nice to have a change of scenery.  We took the 7:45pm train back to Cordes.  We are doing the same thing tomorrow.  We are going to see Angels & Demons tomorrow morning.  It's the only film not dubbed in French.  Later on I am going to see a film in French while Lisa gets a facial.  I haven't decided which film yet.  

This week at work we started making quiche.  I have been lining tart rings with dough for the past few days.  We also made some new petit fours, tart tatin and cherry eclairs.  We still make Croquants and bread every day.  

Cordes has been pretty crowded lately because it's a holiday weekend here too.  Thursday was Ascension day, so there have been people here everyday since.  It's nice to have people around.  The shops here don't open unless there are going to be crowds.  

Lisa's sister mailed her old copy of Rosetta Stone this week, so I have been practicing French.  Hopefully I will be fluent soon.   

The photos attached are of the cherry eclairs and The Capitole.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, We are making black bean soup for your mom and dad tonight and they are real ecxcited. What kind of french bread should we make with it? Tomoorow we are having smoked turkey Terry sent from the Van Duyn's BBq. What kind of frech dessert should we make. We looked on the map and you are not far from Lourdes. Try to plan to visit there if you can.

    ReplyDelete