Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seis De Mayo


In case you were wondering.  Cinco de Mayo is not a holiday celebrated in France.  However, the bar near the hotel serves Corona.  That's about as close as it gets here.  Today at work I made Cannelle batter and baked some citron diamants.  I also made pineapple pate de fruit and cinnamon hazelnut diamants.  Today we listened to my iTunes at work instead of the local radio station.  The radio plays Lady Gaga's Poker Face about once every hour.  Another local favorite is the Enrique Iglesias and Ciara duet.  Needless to say, today was a much better day sonically.  

This morning Lisa and I took some cardboard boxes to the dumpsters a few feet away and were followed into the alleyway by the fois gras lady.  She wanted to make sure we disposed of our trash properly.  At least I think that's what she wanted.  I really have no idea.  We put a box in the wrong dumpster and had to be shown through gestures where it belonged.  The joys of a small town.  Hopefully we can live up to her standards in future refuse deposits.  The dumpsters are called poubelle.  Sounds kind of oxymoronic.  

So to sum up my day, garbage and music were my greatest concerns.  France is truly exciting everyday.

6 comments:

  1. BAHAHA glad to see they are taking good care of you. i hope the dumpster she made you put that box in was a recycling dumpster!! isn't the recycling sign universal? i would think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me, michelle, under moms name accidentally :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I was going to say that didnt sound much like mom with the whole BAHAHA. Nice talking to you this morning/your afternoon. Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm glad you got to listen to your music!! I can't stand that Poker Face song, so once an hour would be torture!!! I'm wondering why you refer to the woman as the fois gras lady- too funny! have a great afternoon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds so interesting... but exactly what is Cannelle? Diamants? Post pictures of what your making so I can imagine tasting it! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "So to sum up my day, garbage and music were my greatest concerns. France is truly exciting everyday." Colleen, you are just living the American dream, get it girl!

    -Christina O

    ReplyDelete