Saturday, June 6, 2009

M.O.F. Event


Last Sunday, Chef Manu drove Lisa and I to Soreze for a day of M.O.F. Demonstrations.  It was about an hour and a half southeast of Cordes.  The M.O.F. is an honor bestowed on craftsmen and women in many different fields.  Many of those fields were represented in Soreze.

There were shoemakers, blacksmiths, marble carvers, fur makers and embroiderers to name a few of the crafts.  The food world was represented by a Chef from Toulouse who demoed Foie Gras cooking, a breadmaker who had an oven set up to make fresh bread to try and Jean Francois Arnaud creating a sugar sculpture.  Chef Arnaud worked at the Musee du Sucre, where I am staging now, for many years. He made many of the sculptures on display in the museum.  At the demonstration, he created a dragon sugar sculpture.  

The event was free and open to the public.  It took place in an Abby.  It was a boys school in the past.  The event was pretty crowded.  

I will post a photo of the sculpture and the building in my next post.  The photo in this post is Lisa and I in the courtyard at the Abby in Soreze.

1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to finally see a picture of you there! You look great! I know it's difficult to take pictures of yourself when you're out and about. I bet you loved the foie gras demonstrations!! I hope we get to see the dragon sugar sculpture at some point. Sounds like the day was a blast!! Thanks for sending your address! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete